Come out for a fun, family friendly 5k/10k run and skate. Back for its third year, this family friendly and fun 5k/10k run and inline/roller skate returns to Rapid City. Skaters will start first at 8am and then the runners will start at 9am once all the skaters are done. After the run and skate, stick around for refreshments and the awards ceremony.
Schedule of Events
6:45am – 7:45am | Registration/Packet Pick-up for Skate
8:00am – 10k Skate start
8:02am – 5k Skate start
6:45am – 8:45am | Registration/Packet Pick-up for Run
9:00am – 10k Run Start
9:02am – 5k Run Start
10:00am – Awards ceremony
$20 - 5k Run (Feb 1 - June 21)
$25 - 10k Run (Feb 1 - June 21)
$25 - 5k Run (June 22 - June 24)
$30 - 10k Run (June 22 - June 24)
$12 - 5k Skate (Feb 1 - June 24)
$12 - 10k Skate (Feb 1 - June 24)
*Sorry no refunds or transfers allowed - see race website for full cancellation policy
Post race refreshments
Awards - Run 5k & 10k
1st-3rd place 11 and under (male and female)
1st-3rd place 12 - 18 (male and female)
1st-3rd place 19 - 45 (male and female)
1st-3rd place 46+ (male and female)
Awards - Skate 5k & 10k
All skate participants receive a t-shirt and finisher medal.
Young Athletes Program
Athletes Program is a unique sport and play program designed for
children with and without special needs. The focus is on fun activities
are important to mental and physical growth. Young Athletes develop
gross and fine motor skills, hand/eye coordination, social skills and
confidence through structured activities while having lots of fun.
Children ages 2 and up of all abilities take part, and they all
benefit. Each week, Recreation Staff adapts the program’s activities to
its participants abilities for continued growth. Your support will help
us continue to offer this free program to its participants.
For more information on the program please contact:
Kristy Lintz, CPRP
Recreation Program Specialist - Special Events
Rapid City Department of Parks & Rec
515 West Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
Founders Park is located at 1510 West Omaha Street on the north side of Rapid Creek just west of the Executive Golf Course
The Black Hills Farmers Market will also be using the park during the event so please park on the South side of the parking lot for this event so we may be good partners and share the parking lot. Things to Note
- HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. Additional safety equipment such as elbow pads, knees pads and wrist guards are recommended.
- Inline skates/Rollerblades and traditional roller skates are welcome. Please no skate boards or roller skis. (If you roller ski please contact us. If there is enough interest we may add this as an additional category in the future).
- The skate is taking place separately from the run but since the event is taking place on a public trail there may be other pedestrian traffic present on the pathway. We will have volunteers along the course to help with this traffic but please be cautious while skating.
- While this event is a timed event it is still considered a fun roll so please be considerate to other skates during the event.
- Please ensure all skating equipment is in good working order and that breaks and toe stops will not fall off during the event.
- The event will be taking place along a multi-use pathway. Please keep an eye out for cracks and debris on the trail. We will make every effort to mark all hazards and remove any debris prior to the event but we ask you keep an eye out for those during the skate.